MESSAGE FROM ARTISTIC DIRECTOR & PRINCIPAL NICOLE JACOBSSON-KNEEBONE
I am thrilled to welcome you to Independent Dance Studios - my absolute passion and pride.
IDS has been recognised as one of South East Melbourne’s leading dance schools, offering classes for both the dedicated and recreational dancer. Always a place that fosters growth, creativity, development, integrity and quality, IDS is dedicated to providing excellent dance training.
It is my belief that whilst students may not choose dance as a career, it is vital that correct training be taught right from the beginning, so that the doors of opportunity are wide open.
Solid classical technique instils great physical and mental strength, poise, grace, passion, respect, social skills and determination allowing students to achieve set goals, develop self-discipline and confidence and increase self-esteem. These are personal qualities that every IDS student carries with them through their school years and throughout their lives.
Classes at IDS remain limited in size with the specific aim of understanding each student, their individual development requirements and fostering a sense of enjoyment, teamwork skills, musicality and artistry.
It is my belief that a love of dance should be nurtured and encouraged in all students, whether dancing professionally or for leisure, dance remains a lifelong source of inspiration, relaxation and joy.
Just some of the differences you will note at IDS include:
- An inspiring teaching faculty of professional, experienced, qualified dance teachers who are specialists in their genres
- State-of-the-art facilities, seriously second to none (you must come see for yourself to truly know the difference!)
- The world-renowned classical syllabus (Royal Academy of Dance) at the forefront of our training
- Encouraging and nurturing guidance for your individual pathway/journey in dance
- Quality relationships fostered between students, teachers and families
- Pupils capped at 200 to ensure your child is not just a number
- Costumes lovingly handmade, sequinned and embellished locally
- Costumes always transported and cleaned for you for performances
- Award winning troupes and soloist opportunities at the state’s leading competitions amongst reputable competitors
- Creative, innovative, technical choreography and class structures
- An inviting, encouraging, inspiring atmosphere with numerous positive role models
- Lasting friendships nurtured through years of loyalty and dedication to our school and community
- Specialised Half Day Classical Extension Program for vocational-minded dancers
- Dedicated, passionate dancers throughout our entire school who truly love dance!
I invite you to come along and visit our incredible state-of-the-art studios (which are sure to wow you with their expansive quality and attention to detail), to meet some of our talented faculty and see why IDS is such a wonderful place to dance.
I look forward to welcoming you to my school.
IDS Principal & Artistic Director